Banda Forest Camps is a short drive (36km) from downtown Kampala. With average traffic it should take you about an hour of driving. See below for step by step directions and a google map which you can use with a GPS enabled device to reach the gates of Banda Forest:
Directions from Kampala
- Drive East on Jinja Rd to Mukono
- Pass through Mukono town. Take the first tarmaced road on the right, leading to Nkokonjeru/Katosi
- Drive 14km. Turn left at the road with a brown signpost for ‘Buiga Sunrise School’. There is also a signpost for ‘Weebale Foundation’. Immediately turn left again.
- Drive 1.3 km. You will pass a signpost on the left for ‘Buiga Sunrise School’, then one for ‘Grace Family Clinic’. The left turn after Grace Family Clinic is Banda Forest Camp, you will see a Green Gate.
- Enter the farm and drive down and then up a slope. At a fork in the road turn left, then arrive at Banda Forest Camp at the black swinging gate on the left.
Directions using public transit
- From the Old Taxi Park look for taxis traveling to Mukono. Take a taxi to Kisoga, Katosi, or Nkokonjeru.
- After branching off of the main road following Mukono, you will travel about 14km before reaching Kisoga trading centre.
- Get off at Kisoga trading centre and take a boda boda to Banda Forest Camp (located on Buiga Farm Industries)